Monday, September 20, 2010

Surviving and Thriving as A Supply Teacher- THE WORKSHOP


If you’ve found yourself without a contract or a permanent teaching position...

THEN WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF SUPPLY TEACHING.

Your stay here may be a long or a short one- let me help you to make it an enjoyable, productive one. You shouldn’t just survive Supply Teaching- you should THRIVE as a Supply Teacher.


Thriving will mean different things to different people-
* For some it will mean dazzling your school on sight and snapping up a contract that leads to a series of contracts that look a lot like permanency
* For others will mean polishing your skills before going on to dazzle... well you get the idea
* And maybe... just maybe... for some of you it will mean appreciating the work/life balance that Supply Teaching offers- and realising that our kids deserve to have great teachers every day- even if their regular teacher is away.

I am Amber Stanley, an escapee-classroom teacher who has found a happy home in Supply Teaching. I have chosen to remain a Supply Teacher as I genuinely enjoy the challenges and advantages of Supply Teaching. Come along to my workshop to learn about how to make Supply Teaching work for you... with lots of practical tips and tricks to tackle the challenges that lay ahead of you.

Details are yet to be finalised- but I'm hoping to run my first workshop in early November. Comment here to register your interest and I'll be in touch with more information soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment